Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Turkey Preschool Theme

Today we talked about turkeys!
There are tons of great Thanksgiving ideas out there.  Today we just focused on turkey activities.  Check back later in the week for more general Thanksgiving ideas.

I used this little flannel turkey to talk about the different parts of a turkey.  You can see he is nothing special, but he gets the job done.
Tom the Turkey With the Terrible Temper is a great story to tell this time of year.  I found a turkey on the internet one year and made my own visuals by printing off the turkey with the color of paper I needed.
This is a Turkey Feather Count Game I made a few years ago.  You can see my blog post about it here.
I am all about fun ways to get my son practicing his skills with scissors.  Here are some cutting activities I found.  He loves practicing with this style.
Here is another one that can be colored first.
There are a lot of Turkey Printable Packs out there and even more Thanksgiving ones that have a lot of turkey activities in them.  Here are a few favorites.  This activity came from this Gobble Gobble Learning Pack.  With all the packs I link there are more activities than just what I have pictured.
This Thanksgiving Tot Kit has a lot of fun turkey activities.
This Turkey Printable Pack is probably my overall favorite for this theme.  Great preschool age activities.
This link from All Our Days also has several turkey printables.

This file folder game from File Folder Fun is a big favorite at our house.
 Here is a link to Five Little Turkey Printables.  We read the poem, but didn't do the activities.

There are so many cute crafts for turkeys out there!  I let my son pick what he wanted to do because I couldn't decide.  He thought a foot and hand print turkey looked fun. 
 My kindergartener wanted to make a turkey with paint so I helped him paint his hand using brown in his palm for the body and different colors on his fingers for the feathers and head.  Then he drew legs, wings, a beak, and the wattle.  He also wrote "My turkey is funny."
 Here are some links to some more turkey crafts:

Pattern Block turkeys
Paper Plate Turkey Wreath
Turkey with real leaves
Foot Print turkey (also has other Thanksgiving activities)
Ramblings of a Crazy Woman has several turkey crafts

You can also find more ideas from my previous turkey themed days in 2009, 2010, and 2011.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is seriously adorable! I only have a few days left, but will be doing some of these with Greyson!

I love the hand print feathers. Such an awesome keepsake.